Online Clear Credential Renewals
Clear Credential Renewal(s)
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing requires a renewal online at the following link before the expiration of the current credential(s):
The following is a step-by-step guideline that will walk you through the renewal process:
- Click on the link above to direct you to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing webpage
- Under Credentialing Information, Click the "Renew Your Document" option
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on the "Educator Login" button
- Enter your Social Security number and date of birth
- Next, verify or edit your application information
- Click next on the bottom right-hand side of the page
- You will then look at the renewal section to find the document that needs renewal
- Click the blue arrow of the document to be renewed and click "Yes" and "Complete"
- Follow the same directions for multiple documents if needed
- For base credentials, you will need to select the "Pick Base Credential" drop-down and select the appropriate option
- Renew both dependent and basic credential at the same time
- Once all documents have been selected for renewal, click the "Complete" button
- Follow the simple directions from the site
- You will then be directed to a payment portal
- Payment will need to be completed with a credit card
- The fee is $102.50 for each credential which includes $100 for the credential fee and $2.50 for the bank transaction fee. Fees may increase from this at any time.
After you have renewed, you need to inform Certificated Personnel immediately who will check the CTC site to see if your new documents are posted.
REMEMBER: The turn-around time is about 2 weeks and your new document will be posted on the Commission’s website.
For any further assistance please contact your Certificate Personnel Technician: