Employees have thirty (30) days to make the following changes to health benefits:
1. Marriage-adding spouse you must bring in proof of marriage or State or County Marriage Certificate. Social Security number and date of birth for spouse are required.
2. New birth of dependent. You will provide social security card, but you must enroll the baby within 30 days of birth with or without the social security number.
3. Legal custody of dependent - must bring in court orders to add to benefits.
4. To remove a legal spouse - must bring in Dissolution of Marriage papers from the Court.
5. We cover only legally married spouse, no domestic partners.
6. We do not cover IRS dependents, siblings or others you are caring for, only your children, step children or legal custody of minors.
See DeShawn Dickinson, Risk Manager-Building #7A, District Complex