Structured English Language Immersion
Newcomer students and EL students with less than reasonable fluency in English
- Beginning to Intermediate levels
- ELD I, II, and III classes and SEI content classes
- ELD Support Class paired up with ELD I and ELD II
Structured English Language Immersion is the process designed for English Learners who have less than reasonable fluency in English. These English Learners receive instruction in a setting where classroom instruction is in English with primary language support by bilingual instructional assistants. The curriculum is presented using instructional strategies designed for students who have not yet reached Expanding Upper level or better in English language proficiency.
English Language Mainstream (ELM)
Students with reasonable fluency in English
- Score of Moderately Developed in the ELPAC- Level 3
- Regular English with SDAIE (Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English) strategies
- Academic English support course for LTEL
ELM classrooms are designed for English Learners who have acquired reasonable fluency in English. Students are at Expanding-Upper, Bridge-Low or Bridge Upper English proficiency levels. These English Learners receive appropriate core content instruction utilizing California adopted texts with specific resources for English Learners. English Language Development standards are the foundation for daily ELD lessons.
Link: ELPAC Performance Level Descriptors
Link: Reclassification Requirement Criteria (Form 2019-2020)