Seniors 2021- Technology Returns
Congratulations to all graduating Seniors! As you begin your journey out of high school, the Victor Valley Union High School District’s (VVUHSD) Technology Department would like to remind you of a few important steps that must be taken before graduation.
All technology (Chromebooks, laptops, hot spots, etc ...) checked out to you for distance learning support must be returned before you will be able to pick up your diploma. Technology can be checked in during designated times for textbooks and/or a designated time for Chromebook returns. Do not return the devices to the TechEd department at the district office. Please ensure the device is clean and in working condition and all items are returned (including power adapters). A visual check of the device including being powered on will be performed during the check-in process.
Seniors planning on attending summer school or still scheduled to complete an AP exam may keep the device until all sessions are completed.
Student Google account (@vvstu.org)
As the district transitions to the new school year, graduating seniors accounts will be disabled. Since many of you have been submitting college applications with your school email account and saving a lot of content into your Google Drive, we encourage you to create your own Gmail account now to continue using after high school.
Your current school account will be available to you for 1 month after graduation, but after that it will be turned off. To help you with this transition, we have included a few helpful tips for moving your data over to your personal account and ensuring that you continue receiving important email during your transition out of high school.
CREATING YOUR OWN GOOGLE ACCOUNT
If you have not yet created your own Google account, please go to: https://accounts.google.
- Follow the directions to create your own Google Account
- We suggest choosing a professional account name such as your first and last name or first Initial and last name
**** These steps cannot be performed on a district issued Chromebook ****
SET YOUR STUDENT EMAIL TO AUTO-FORWARD OVER TO YOUR OWN GOOGLE ACCOUNT
To begin forwarding your student email to your personal account, please go to: https://support.google.
- Once there, click on “Turn automatic forwarding on or off”
- Follow the steps identified on the page while logged into your student Gmail account
TRANSFER YOUR GOOGLE DOCUMENTS TO YOUR OWN GOOGLE ACCOUNT
To transfer all of your existing Gmail and Google documents over to your own account, please go to: https://takeout.google.
- Once there, enter your own personal Google account email address, and click on “Send Code”
- Look for a code that will be sent to your personal Gmail account, and enter that code on the Google Transfer page
- Click on Verify
- Select the content to transfer over and then click on “Start Transfer”
Once again, congratulations, and we wish you the best of luck as you prepare to start on your next journey in life.
For Additional Questions, Help, or Support
Please contact the Teched helpdesk or your school site
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – (760) 955-3214